Praying for every state. each church. one nation. Join us over the next year as we pray for our nation state by state.
- Iowa’s population is 3.1 million people
- Two-thirds of Iowa counties lost population between 2010 and 2017
- Only 4.3% of Iowa’s cities have a population of more than 10,000 people
- 77% of adults in Iowa identify as “Christian”, but only 28% identify as “Evangelical Christian”
- 21% of adults in Iowa identify as “religious nones”
- 36% of Iowans attend worship services regularly
Ways You Can Pray:
- Pray for Swahili Baptist Church in Des Moines and their pastor Faustin Alobo as they engage Swahili-speaking refugees and other immigrants in Central Iowa.
- Pray for wisdom. The church has outgrown their current space and are seeking a new meeting place in central Des Moines.
- Pastor Alobo was a refugee from civil war in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Pray for refugees resettling in the US. Pray that they quickly encounter a Gospel-believing church.