Get Ready for Sunday
Ready Minds. Ready Hearts. Ready Feet.
Prepare your mind and heart for Sunday's message throughout the week. Each week on this page you'll find:
- Scripture passage for the upcoming Sunday message
- Tips for how to study the Bible
- Weekly Prayer Points
- Link to the Weekly Life Group Study Guide
- Warren Worship Spotify Playlist
Would you like a reminder each week? Subscribe to our email list to receive an update each Monday.
A new series in the book of Hebrews will begin on Sep 22.
You can begin to prepare your mind and heart for the study of Hebrews by reading through this amazing book of the Bible over the next two weeks.
Sep 9-15: Read Hebrews 1-7
Sep 16-21: Read Hebrews 8-13
BIBLE READING/STUDY TIPS:
#1 Read Repeatedly: Repeatedly reading a passage of Scripture is key to understanding and applying the Bible. To learn more, read
10 Ways to Read the Bible.
#2 Read and Mark the Text: Print out the passage of Scripture, double-spaced, and use to mark up the text and make notes as you read (link below). To learn more on marking the text and questions to ask as you read, take a look at Reading Thoughtfully, Reading Purposefully, and Reading Selectively in the blog post, 10 Ways to Read the Bible.
#3 Questions to Ask When Reading Any Bible Passage
As you read the Scripture passage, seek the answer the following questions from the passage and surrounding text:
- Who is involved in the passage?
- What is happening? Where is this taking place?
- Is there a problem or concern being addressed?
- Do you see any repeated words or phrases? How do they help you understand the main point of the passage?
- What questions does the text raise? Can you uncover any of the answers to these questions from the text? (Unanswered questions are okay. Pray through them and be patient with the text and yourself as you study.)
- What do you learn about God, Jesus Christ, or the Holy Spirit from this passage?
- What do you learn about redemption from this passage? What aspects of the redemption story are seen in this passage?
Mission 1 Prayer Challenge
Who is your one? This is the question our pastor asked us to focus on this year as we seek to know God and make Him known. He has challenged us to identify one person, pray one prayer, have one conversation, and ultimately one celebration as our one accepts Christ.
As you identify your one and place his or her name on our prayer wall (located at our Welcome Center entrance), ask God to break through the walls of fear, doubt, pride, and rebellion and allow the Holy Spirit to minister, comfort, save, and redeem.
Over the course of this year, we will plead with God to infect our hearts with that which delights His heart—the joy that comes from a soul who finds his Creator and accepts His Son.
WARREN WORSHIP SPOTIFY PLAYLIST
Prepare your heart through worship. Our Warren Worship Spotify Playlist contains the songs regularly sung in Sunday morning worship services at Warren. Worship through song all throughout your week!
Based on what you've read in this week's Scripture passage, is there something God is calling you to do?
In 2019 Pastor has encouraged us to pray for one person we might have an opportunity to have one conversation with to share the gospel—One person. One prayer. One conversation. One celebration. Seek the Lord this week as to who He would have you pray for and share the gospel with this year. #Mission1
How might God be calling you to prepare through giving this week?
We believe that giving for a believer is not a money issue; it is a heart issue. Knowing God as the Owner and Provider of all things, we use the resources He has provided each of us to help people and accomplish the purposes He has placed before us. Online Giving