Get Ready for Sunday
Ready Minds. Ready Hearts. Ready Feet.
Prepare your mind and heart for Sunday's message throughout the week. Each week on this page you'll find:
- Scripture passage for the upcoming Sunday message
- Questions to consider as you read
- Tips for how to study the Bible
- Prayer points from the passage
- Link to the Weekly Life Group Study Guide
- Warren Worship Spotify Playlist
Would you like a reminder each week? Subscribe to our email list below each Monday you'll get an email from us.
For Sunday, August 26, 2018:
READ: Luke 12:13-21
Read through the passage every day this week. Ask and seek to answer the following questions from the passage and surrounding text:
- Who is involved in the passage?
- What is happening? Where is this taking place?
- Is there a problem or concern being addressed?
- Do you see any repeated words or phrases? How do they help you understand the main point of the passage?
- What questions does the text raise? Can you uncover any of the answers to these questions from the text? (Unanswered questions are okay. Pray through them and be patient with the text and yourself as you study.)
- What do you learn about God, Jesus Christ, or the Holy Spirit from this passage?
- What do you learn about the gospel from this passage? What aspects of the gospel are seen in this passage?
BIBLE READING/STUDY TIP:
Go to a website like biblegateway.com or biblehub.com and enter the text for this week. Copy and paste the text into a word processing document, double-spaced. Remove any section headings, leaving just the verse references and text of Scripture. Print and use each day as you read. Make notes and mark up the text as needed.
DOWNLOAD this week's Bible passage double-spaced for marking up the text.
GROUP STUDY GUIDE:
Group Study Guide that complements this week's message.
(Group Study Guide is normally available on Wednesday prior to Sunday's message.)
INTERACTIVE NOTETAKING GUIDE:
Access the Interactive Guide and Sermon Messages.
(Weekly Interactive Guide is available each week on Friday prior to Sunday's message.)
Weekly Prayer Point:
The way we spend our time, our resources and even our prayer life reflects the treasure of our heart.Do you spend more time praying or planning? Serving, shopping, or spending? Doing or being? Who or what is the greatest treasure of your heart? Time is a treasure. How are you spending yours?
Weekly Prayer Tip:
60-second Prayer Challenge
Today I want to share with you a 60-second prayer challenge that you can do throughout the day. I suggest trying this three times a day – perhaps during the breakfast, lunch and dinner hours. You may already spend a good portion of time in prayer each day and if so, I would just say – Keep it up! But you may struggle with spending time in prayer. Either way, this challenge will help you saturate your day with prayer as you make spending time talking to God one of your greatest treasures. Will you commit to making time with the Lord in prayer a treasure?
Start the timer:
- 15 seconds of praising God
- 15 seconds of thanksgiving God
- 15 seconds to say "I'm sorry. I messed up"
- 15 seconds to ask for God’s help today
WARREN WORSHIP SPOTIFY PLAYLIST
Prepare your heart through worship. Our Warren Worship Spotify Playlist contains the songs regularly sung in Sunday morning worship services at Warren. Worship through song all throughout your week!
Based on what you've read in this week's Scripture passage, is there something God is calling you to do?
How might God be calling you to prepare through giving this week?
We believe that giving for a believer is not a money issue; it is a heart issue. Knowing God as the Owner and Provider of all things, we use the resources He has provided each of us to help people and accomplish the purposes He has placed before us. Online Giving