GET READY FOR SUNDAY
Prepare your heart and mind for Sunday's message by reading and studying the Bible passage in advance.
Sunday, April 12: Easter message - various passages
Watch the overview of Nehemiah from The Bible Project
BIBLE READING/STUDY TIPS:
#1 Read Repeatedly: Repeatedly reading a passage of Scripture is key to understanding and applying the Bible.
#2 Read and Mark the Text: Print out the passage of Scripture, double-spaced, and use to mark up the text and make notes as you read (link below). To learn more about marking the text and questions to ask as you read, take a look at Reading Thoughtfully, Reading Purposefully, and Reading Selectively in the blog post, 10 Ways to Read the Bible.
#3 Questions to Ask When Reading Any Bible Passage
As you read the Scripture passage, seek the answer the following questions from the passage and surrounding text:
- Who is involved in the passage?
- What is happening? Where is this taking place?
- Is there a problem or concern being addressed?
- Do you see any repeated words or phrases? How do they help you understand the main point of the passage?
- What questions does the text raise? Can you uncover any of the answers to these questions from the text? (Unanswered questions are okay. Pray through them and be patient with the text and yourself as you study.)
- What do you learn about God, Jesus Christ, or the Holy Spirit from this passage?
- What do you learn about redemption from this passage? What aspects of the redemption story are seen in this passage?
WARREN WORSHIP SPOTIFY PLAYLIST
Prepare your heart through worship. Our Warren Worship Spotify Playlist contains the songs regularly sung in Sunday morning worship services at Warren. Worship through song all throughout your week!
WARREN ONLINE PRAYER BOARD
Access our online prayer board to share a prayer request or pray for others.
Give your tithe and offering securely online.