GET READY FOR SUNDAY
GET READY FOR SUNDAY. READ THE BIBLE.
We want to help you grow in your relationship with God. Reading the Bible is an important part of knowing God and growing in your relationship with Him. We need to be active learners of the Bible, which requires that we spend individual time in God's Word in addition to the time we spend listening to teaching and preaching from the Bible by another. We want to help you grow in this area!
To that end, to help you prepare your heart and mind for the message on Sunday each week we provide the Bible passage for the upcoming Sunday message as well as Bible reading, study, and prayer tips.
Get It In Your Inbox
Subscribe and get a Get Ready for Sunday email each week.
RESOURCES FOR SUNDAY
The Study Guide is for individual/small group use to prompt further through discussion with others. A new guide will post each week on Thursday to help you get ready for the upcoming Sunday message.
GROW IN YOUR BIBLE READING.
Here are some study tips you can apply to any Bible passage you read:
#1 Read Repeatedly: Repeatedly reading a passage of Scripture is key to understanding and applying the Bible.
#2 Read and Mark the Text: Print out the Bible passage, double-spaced, and use to mark up the text and make notes as you read (link below). To learn more about marking the text and questions to ask as you read, take a look at Reading Thoughtfully, Reading Purposefully, and Reading Selectively in the blog post, 10 Ways to Read the Bible.
#3 Questions to Ask When Reading Any Bible Passage
As you read the Bible passage, seek the answer the following questions from the passage and surrounding text:
- Who is involved in the passage?
- What is happening? Where is this taking place?
- Is there a problem or concern being addressed?
- Do you see any repeated words or phrases? How do they help you understand the main point of the passage?
- What questions does the text raise? Can you uncover any of the answers to these questions from the text? (Unanswered questions are okay. Pray through them and be patient with the text and yourself as you study.)
- What do you learn about God, Jesus Christ, or the Holy Spirit from this passage?
- What do you learn about redemption from this passage? What aspects of the redemption story are seen in this passage?
Watch / Listen to Messages
Catch up on past Sunday Messages.
Online Prayer Board
Access our online prayer board to share a prayer request or pray for others.
Warren Worship on YouTube
Visit our YouTube playlist to hear from our worship leaders on new songs being introduced for Sunday Worship.