We love preschoolers at Warren! It’s a joy to invest in their lives and to partner with parents. The Neighborhood is a place for preschoolers to discover God’s great love in a clean, safe, and carefully staffed environment. Our activities for all preschoolers focus on three basic truths:
- God made me.
- God loves me.
- Jesus wants to be my friend forever.
You may enter the preschool area through the Family Life Center entrance located on the ballfield side of the campus or through ‘The Neighborhood’ awning located near the playground on the Fury’s Ferry Road side of the building. Come to the Lemonade Stand for assistance.
8:00, 9:30 & 11:00 am
While parents participate in worship and a Life Group, preschoolers take their ‘first look’ at their Heavenly Father through Make It Fun, Make It True, Make It Real, and Make It Stick activities. Three and four year olds also participate in The Clubhouse.
The Clubhouse is a preschool-friendly environment with music, worship and Bible story time. There are props, costumes and a video on the big screen. It provides fun ways to learn Bible truths!
6:20 – 7:30 pm (doors open @ 6:10 pm)
On Wednesday evenings Preschoolers enjoy:
- Loving Care and Play: Babies, 1’s & 2's
- Mission Friends: 3's & PreK4
- Mission Melodies: 3's & PreK4
Other Opportunities & Upcoming Events
Parent Equipping and Parent-Child Commissioning
Parenting Equipping is a time to encourage, equip and guide parents according to God’s plan. Parent-Child Commissioning is a time of commitment and celebration for parents, their families, friends and church. Parent Equipping is a pre-requisite for Parent-Child Commissioning. See Upcoming Events for the next dates. For more information, contact Preschool Ministry, 706.922.7042
Weekday Preschool & MDO
For information on our Weekday Preschool and Mother’s Day Out Programs, click here.
Safety and Security
For your child’s safety and security we provide:
- Safe and secure check-in/check-out procedures.
- Safe Haven approved, background checked workers.
- Specific attention to health and allergy issues.
For detailed information on your child’s safety and security contact Preschool Ministry or see Things to Know below.
Things to Know
First Time Guests: First time guests complete a Guest Information Card, which includes a section for allergies, medical needs, and/or special needs. It is also important to enter this information on the Sign In/Out sheet at child’s classroom door. Host team greeters are at the Lemonade Stand to provide allergy stickers and to provide additional assistance to guest families..
Regular Attenders: In the event your child develops allergies, medical needs, and/or special needs, enter new information on Sign In/Out sheet at the door to your child’s room. You may also want to discuss with a leader in your child’s class in order to help leaders meet your child’s needs.
It may be beneficial to discuss certain medical/special needs and dietary conditions in advance of child’s first visit or as you become aware of needs.
Contact the Preschool Ministry Office 706.922.7042 to discuss.
It is important for parents to feed baby food and other food to children before bringing them to the preschool area.
- Limited number of caregivers make it difficult to spoon feed children one-on-one.
- When one or more children eat food brought from home, other children become hungry and want to eat too.
Therefore, we limit feeding to bottles and church-provided snacks chosen with food allergies in mind. If child has allergy to foods or other allergy, stop at the labeling station to get an allergy sticker to place on child’s back. Leaders vary from week to week, so it is helpful to use an allergy sticker each time the child comes to church.
During special events such as banquets, leader meetings, etc. when parents eat a meal at the church event, a meal or snack supper is also provided for children in childcare in the preschool area. Baby food provided by parents is also fed on these special occasion.
t is important for parents to label children’s items:
- diaper bag
- sweater or jacket
- baby carriers brought into child’s room.
For parents’ convenience, a labeling station is located inside the glass door entrance into the Neighborhood. Be sure to label items with child’s first and last name.
Two nursing rooms are available for the convenience of nursing moms: Both rooms are equipped with a TV for viewing the Sunday morning worship service in session.
Room DG08—Located in the preschool area near baby rooms and red buggy parking area. Available for use Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
Room C116—Located behind the Worship Center.
It is important for parents to prepare baby bottles as follows:
- Pour liquid formula in bottle OR measure & mix dry formula and water in bottle.
- Place bottle in an insulated pouch for temperature control.
- Use plastic bottles, not glass, to prevent breakage.
- Label bottles with child’s first and last name.
Bottle preparation by parents insures that babies are fed the right amount of formula. Labeling insures that each child is given his/her own bottle.
Security policies are in effect.
- Guests check in at the Lemonade Stand.
- Others check in at a computer near the Lemonade Stand.
- Each child receives a name badge to wear. Place name badge on child’s back (exception: put on front of babies brought into room in carriers).
- Child’s parent receives a security name badge numbered to match the child’s name badge for parent to return when picking up child.
- Parent walks child to room and signs child in on Sign In/Out sheet. Check hour(s) child will attend.
- Write special instructions and time for bottle, nap, etc. on Sign In/Out sheet.
- Enter parent’s cell numbers on Sign In/Out sheet. Circle the preferred number to call in the event one parent is not available on a particular day.
- At pick up time, parent returns to the child’s room and gives the matching number security badge to child’s leader who will match it to the number on the child’s name badge.
- Parent signs child out on Sign In/Out sheet.
- Children will not be released to other children. Parents must return the matching number security badge when returning to pick up child.
Thank you for helping us keep your child safe and secure!
We ask parents not to bring children to the preschool area when any of the following conditions exist:
- Fever: must be fever-free for 24 hours
- Vomiting or diarrhea; must be symptom free for 24 hours
- Common cold
- Sore throat
- Cloudy or green runny nose
- Persistent cough
- Head ache or body aches
- Any unexplained rash
- Pinkeye or other eye infections – must be on medication for 24 hours
- Any symptoms of childhood diseases, such as scarlet fever, German measles, mumps, chicken pox, cough, strep throat, flu, etc.
- Any infectious disease
When in doubt, please apply the “Golden Rule”. Adherence to this policy is important to protect the health of all children in our environments.
Ways to Serve in Preschool Ministry (Babies – 4 year Pre-K)
- Host Team: Greet new families as they enter the preschool environment and guide them in checking in to classrooms.
- Hallway Assistants: Serve in preschool hallways to support classroom leaders and parents.
- Classroom Leaders: Provide leadership in an individual preschool classroom.
- Classroom Assistants: Assist classroom leaders in an individual preschool classroom.
- Worship Leaders: Lead preschoolers in Clubhouse music/worship.
- Host: Introduces the Bible story in the Clubhouse using a kid-friendly skit.
- Bible Storyteller: Presents the Bible story in the Clubhouse
- Tech Team: Provide audio, video and other technical support in the Clubhouse.