Who is it for?
- Any couple experiencing difficulties in their marriage and wanting to make their marriage better
- Any couple who has a good marriage and wants to make it even better
What do you have to do?
- Commit to meet regularly with a mentor couple; (usually weekly)
- Complete regular assignments in the mentoring workbook and journal
- Commit to be faithful to each other, to the process and to God…even when tempted to do otherwise
How long will it take?
- The actual amount of time will depend on the issues being resolved and the commitment of the couple. The process could take between 6 and 18 months.
- Progress will be evaluated after the first 60 days and again after another 30-45 days.
What does it cost?
- Mentee couples will be asked to pay $100 to cover the cost of the online couple assessment and mentoring materials used.
- Couples who can’t pay the $100 fee will be assessed on an individual basis and if the need is deemed legitimate, they will be asked to pay a lesser amount.
How do you get started?
- Email the Counseling Office or call 706.922.7041
- The Marriage Mentor Coordinators contact you to arrange a meeting.
- The Marriage Mentor Coordinators will meet with you and match you with a mentor couple.
- You will meet with the mentor couple, and if everyone feels like it’s a good fit, you will make the commitment to proceed with mentoring.
Teaching & Counseling Pastor
The Five Love Languages, by Gary Chapman
The DNA of Relationships, by Dr. Gary Smalley
The Secrets to Lasting Love: Uncovering the Keys to Life-Long Intimacy, by Gary Smalley